Monday, October 1, 2007

Rabibit, Rabbit, Rabbit

"Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" is a very key saying/superstition for our family. It is said by everyone in our family on the first day of the month for good luck. And to get the very, very BEST ever kind of luck, the kind of luck where you say, “Man, I am a lucky dog," you have to have it be the very first thing you say when you wake up. So this morning, my eyes popped open about 3 a.m. and I said OUT LOUD, “rabbit, rabbit, rabbit,” Does that make me a weirdo or set to win the lottery?? Actually I decided to google “rabbit, rabbit, rabbit” to find out. And “Presto” – pulled out a bunny - there is a whole google page on it….so you see we are quite normal after all! It says that the superstition has been around since 1420 in England, maybe even since the 1200’s. We have, however, changed it so it is still good luck when you tell others to say it. "Don't forget to say, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, ” we remind each other. “Oh yea, duh, I said that already.” So then the text messages go around with Chels and Colin….rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!! This is our version on a superstition that has been around for eight hundred years. So Happy October 1st and rabbit, rabbit, rabbit to everyone and theirs!!! Or if you prefer, Bunny, Bunny, Bunny….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Colin even has me saying Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit! Every month we have a competition on who says it first on the first of the month. yahoo! Now I am your first comment on the first of the month! Tons of luck now