Wednesday, October 3, 2007

This One's for You - October 3, 2007

Happy Anniversary to my Husband! We have been married, wedded, hitched, tied, knotted, ball and chained for 26 years – wow, that’s a long time. It is interesting, the words used to refer to being married… they sound so torturous…But lucky for me, it’s not! Last year we marked our milestone 25th anniversary with a “once in a lifetime” trip to Italy. The only problem is, I want to go again….not once! So how do you follow up a trip to Italy? – with golf and a nice dinner, of course. Okay, not exactly Italy, but we’ll probably be eating Italian food. Being the traditionalists that we are – we do our thing….over and over. And if you want to know what I am talking about, come over and look in the windows and you will see:

Me in my wedding dress – yep, I’ll actually be wearing it. It sounds a little strange, but I put it on every year (the years that I was pregnant, I had it wiiiide open in the back). I keep my dress stored away in a blue Rubbermaid plastic container in the basement. I have to admit, it is not as white as it used to be. Then my hubby and I dance to our special song by Barbra Streisand, “Something so right.” Chels, Col, and Bri sit on the couch and watch as we dance around the room. When the kids were little, they found the whole thing very interesting and sat there with big eyes. When they got older they would roll their eyes, make faces and jeering comments…. “You actually wore that on your wedding day? That’s how you guys danced? Do we have to sit here anymore?” Funny thing is, now the 2 in college will call us: “Happy Anniversary, mom and dad! You wore your wedding dress and did your dance, didn’t you?”

Paul is a great husband to go along with the hooopla… (although I think he wants to make sure I can still get into the dress.) I look forward to his card ….he always writes something so beautiful, loving and sentimental. This is when I cry….a nice cry, not an ugly, nose running cry. So if you peek in the windows tonite….you will get a glimpse of Kat and Paul still doing “Something so right.”

No comments: