Thursday, October 4, 2007

I Wanna Be A Rock Star!

Two nights ago I saw Bruuuuuuuuce with Paul and 2 good friends at a sold-out concert - That would be Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band! They are the very definition of cool! Amazing! Do I need to say anything more??

I have always thought it would be the ultimate to be a rock star…Some people might prefer to be a professional athlete or dancer, but for me it is a rock star…by far! When I was in high school….I wanted to be, Carole I Feel the Earth Move Under my Feet King, frizzy hair and all! Then I admit, I faltered in-between…I wanted to be Barbra Streisand…I didn’t want her nose, but totally wanted her voice. .she’s not exactly a rocker, but definitely a presence. I used to sing Barbra Streisand songs at the top of my lungs…isn’t that how they were meant to be sung? Then I wanted to be Melissa Etheridge. OMG, I still think I want to be her today. Not her lifestyle (not that there’s anything wrong with it), she can have that, but give me her talent. Her husky voice and the way she rocks on her guitar – now that is cool. And she is a Berklee grad which makes her very special in this household. If I was a guy rocker dude….I would definitely wanna be Dave ultimate jammer Matthews. For a young cool rocker guy….I would be Chris Bend and not Break Carraba from Dashboard Confessional. Don’t worry about me though….this only occurs when I go to a concert. It’s not like I’m gonna run off with the band or anything!!!

Okay, so here’s the closest I come to rock stardom….I sing the national anthem at sporting events. I realize it isn’t exactly a rockin’, jammin’ song, but just think about it for a sec……..people stand for you, know all your words, sing along with you, and even hoot, holler, whistle and clap for you when you finish. That sounds exactly like a Bruuuuuuuuuuce concert. So, if that is the closest I can get…....... OH SAY CAN YOU SEE, BABY!!!!!!!!

No comments: