Friday, March 12, 2010

How's your giddy-up?



We try to exercise and eat healthy…but it is hard to stop Mother Nature from eventually clobbering us. Over time, there is always something to go. And something has to be the FIRST.


It’s a toss-up as to what body part could go first. And it’s different for everyone. Maybe you notice your back hurts, after 18 holes of golf. Or your knees ache, after a tennis match. Over time, the giddy in your giddy-up…ain’t what it used to be.


I don’t have any aches and pains yet…KNOCK ON WOOD…but for me the first to go is clearly gone…it’s my eyes. My eyesight used to be 20/20. Now its…20/not-so-good. (But I can see you making faces at this blog. So stop that.)


Any who…


PaulA's giddy-up is still working…he’s strong like bull, or is that ox?…Okay, bullox. But if I could choose something on him to go first…I would have it be his eyes. I wouldn’t make him totally blind…but I’d give him just enough of a blur. That way when he looks at me…I look airbrushed…directly off the pages of Vogue.


But I have a suspicion PaulA would choose something else to go first. Yep…it would be his hearing. He already is experiencing hearing that's in and out...in one ear and out the other. “You wanted me to get tickets to the Broadway Theatre in NYC? Ohhhhh…I thought you said…get tickets to the Big East Tournament in NYC.”

Very convenient, I say.

No comments: