Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fashion Forward



There are times when I resist wearing what's in fashion. I realize it is fashionable to know what’s in fashion and dress fashionable…but sometimes the latest fashion is something I don’t fashion…so I won’t dress in that fashion. I’m not saying that I’m out of fashion.. and I’m not trying to act in a cranky fashion…but as we know…all fashions of people make up the world.

Any who………

There are times when a fashion has been full circle…come right back around…when it should never have had a starting point to begin with. It actually should have been a line…..a b-line into obscurity. Take the unitard and stirrup pants…yes, please…take them, burn them, and shit-can them.

I find fashion trends an interesting concept. Hem lines, like the NASDAQ, have gone up and down over the years. And also especially like the NASDAQ these days…fashion designers have taken a downward trend……

Like bringing down the waistline on jeans. With low rise jeans, we can let our waists breathe a sigh of relief and let the muffin tops rise.

And bringing down the shirtline…making shirts longer. There was a time when shirts stopped 3 inches before they should.

And bringing down the neckline. Not only exposing the neck…bust da move.

For about a year or so now…the fashion has been ruffles, foo foo, and even feathers. It's hard to find a shirt without some ruffle or foo on it. At a party I recently attended, 8 out of 10 women wore ruffles…and some even had ridges. Hey, I’m not making fun of anyone. I was standing there all ruffled up. I can get a ruffle on as good as the next woman.

Anyway, I’m not going to continue in this fashion and get my panties in a ruffle over this subject any longer...or was the trend shorter? And I certainly don’t want to ruffle any feathers with this subject…even if it is in fashion.

No comments: