Monday, January 19, 2009

Creatures of the Night

I think I need to move to Arizona or Hawaii. Those states are smart enough not to follow daylight savings time. I hate how we have to set our clocks back in the fall…leaving us with fewer hours of daylight.

Before I know it…it’s 4 pm and it’s dark already. The day flies by as it is with my hectic schedule: The Today Show, Hoda and Kathie Lee, The View, a little Bonnie, 3- 4 soaps and bam…… 4 pm - Oprah. Where did the damn day go?

With Colinboy’s schedule…his daylight hours are even shorter. When you get your ass out of bed between 1 and 2 pm…and nightfall comes at 4 pm…(after some complicated math) he is only getting a couple of hours of daylight. He doesn’t seem to be concerned about this…maybe Midnight is the new Noon and I am just finding out.

I consider those who keep these weird hours to be ‘creatures of the night’….aka vampires, werewolves, and young people. Colinboy is 2 out of 3. Okay, he’s not a vampire…but he is a young person who could use a shave now and then. One thing for sure…these creatures are nocturnal so are very active during the night. And that is a whole different schedule than I keep. Colinboy and I pass each other on the stairs. I’m on my way up to bed… “Buenos Noches, Colinchico” and he’s on his way down... “Buenos Dias MommaGato...Yo quiero Taco Bell.”

Yea…Colinboy and I are related…but definitely birds of a different feather. I am definitely an early bird and Colinboy is definitely a night owl. Not only does Colinboy have a night owl time clock…he has a night owl’s wisdom. That bird is smart enough to know that when he stays up late…he can hoot all night and ole Kat will be fast asleep.

It’s 3 am…Early Bird Kat is fast asleep because she has a worm to get in the morning. And Early Bird Kat is just hoping Night Owl Colinchico isn’t looking for the worm in a bottle of tequila...while she’s taking a siesta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your blog about me! I am a night owl! (but i prefer Ninja) mwahahha
Colinboy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I enjoy reading every day...it's just great...LL