Thursday, December 4, 2008

What's on your iPod?

A cool question to ask someone is…"What’s on your iPod?" Unless of course they don’t own one…not so cool. But the music on someone’s iPod can tell a lot about them.

Back in the day…or excuse me…back in my day…it was all about your album collection. Granted it’s hard to walk around with 500 albums under your arms and go through your collection…much easier with 500 digital songs on your iPod.

I still have my old albums and my collection of 45s. I am particularly fond of my 45 collection and I have about 100 or so of them. (Actually some of them have “Jayne” written on them…I think I stole a few from my sista…just don’t tell her.) My 45s are safely tucked away in a box that I decorated…with peace signs and a label I made with one of those label makers: “Keep Out or I’ll sock it to ya.” Okay I was in high school and it was the 70s, so cut me some slack. My laptop case happens to say the same thing. Okay it is umpteen years later and I’m weird, so cut me some slack.

I’m sure if you’re an 80s fan you’ve got the Go-Go’s, Billy Idol, Wham, and Blondie on your iPod. And if your into the 90s stuff…R.E.M, Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, Green Day. Classic rocker if…Pink Floyd, Who, Stones, Doors are there. And you are definitely your grandmother’s best friend if you have…Engelbert Humperdinck, Tom Jones, Paul Anka…Booyah grandma…(I have to get that in…every other blog.)

Yesterday I had my iPod on shuffle and Miley Cyrus came up. Who commandeered my iPod and loaded that? Big C…Wishy? Thirty minutes later of shuffling…I heard a brother boy band blasting from the speakers…Jonas Brothers. I wanted to scream …not for them (like every 10 year old girl.) How did that get there? I did not authorize a Miley and Jonas take-over.

A great band that I’ve been listening to is Dear Havanah. They have a new CD (album) release through Veggie Co. Records later this month. Check them out at: dearhavanah.com.

So what’s on your iPod? A sampling of mine is: U2, John Mayer, Dave Matthews, Prince, Carrie Underwood, Colbie Caillat, Dashboard Confessional, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and Dear Havanah….MINUS a newly DELETED brother boy band and Disney girl.

No comments: