Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kat in the Hat

March 2nd was Dr. Seuss’s birthday and he would have been 105 years old. I decided to honor him with this zany blog. FYI…In 1954, Life Magazine published a report on illiteracy among school children, concluding that children were not learning to read because they found their books boring. As the story goes, Dr. Seuss’s publisher made a list of 348 words they felt were important and asked Seuss to cut the list to 250 and write a book using only those words. He wrote “The Cat in the Hat”…using 236. Of course he had other great classics: “One fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish” and my personal favorite “Green Eggs and Ham.”

I couldn’t resist a couple of my own renditions:

The Kat in the hat
All day she done sat
All day she did blog
‘Bout nonsense and hog

‘Bout dogs that can talk
And fish that can walk
She never could stop
So they sent out a cop

Or someone in white
Whom she tried to bite
But alas she not win
Off to the loony bin

And there she does bloggin’
Not go for a joggin’
Not get off her butt
She is caught in a rut

All day she does ponder
In a seat over yonder
‘Bout her ass spreadin’ fat
Oh, that Kat in the Hat

Sorry….Just one more………….............

I do NOT like Green Eggs and Ham
I do NOT like them, Kat I am

I do NOT like them on a bun
I do NOT like them with a nun
I do NOT like them as a dinner
I do NOT like them with a sinner
I do NOT like them with a bore
I do NOT like them with a whore

I DO like Green Eggs and Ham
I DO like them, Kat I am

I DO like them in a jar
I DO like them in a bar
I DO like them there and here
I DO like them with some beer
I DO like them on the prodka
I DO like them with some Vodka

No wonder there is only one Dr. Seuss.

No comments: