Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Firsts and Lasts

Summer is over and school has started for Brianna. Yesterday was our last child’s first day of her last year of high school. Wow, that’s a lot of first and lasts…which is what I think of when I think back over our kid’s school years.

I think back to Chelsea…our first child’s first day of her first day of school. Chelsea in a little navy blue sailor dress and big white bow. How she danced around the bus stop and when the bus came, jumped on and happily waved “goodbye.” How PaulA had to console me walking back to the house.

I think back to Colin…his first day of his first year of an all boy’s high school. Colinboy dressed in a navy blue jacket and tie. Dropping him off at school, wondering how my little man was doing, and counting the hours before I could pick him up.

I think back to yesterday, Brianna…her first day of her last year of high school. Sweet Wishy in her pretty pink dress and tiara (high school tradition.) How happy, confident and eager she was to get to school as she jumped in the Ford Escape she decorated. And how desperately I want to slow down the days…before it’s her last day of her last year of high school.

First, all three were ready….ready to head out, leave their “nest” and do their thing….

And last, their mom…not quite ready……..still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you mom!