Monday, April 23, 2012

What on EARTH Day?




the day people take to the streets, parks, and beaches
to do some spring cleaning.
It’s all about taking care of Mother Earth.

For me, Earth Day also has another significance.
One that I'll always remember...
no matter how many earth rotations pass. 
It was the day I wanted to bury an elementary school principal…
six feet under
Motha Earth.

But instead of risking jail time…

I merely tromped all over Mr. Principal

with a sturdy pair of earthshoes.

I’m sure you’re wondering what earthly reason
I would have to go after a school principal...
(especially one who was very popular with parents and kids.)

To break it down and sum it all up…
bigC was in the fifth grade and had attended an Earth Day Fair during school.
When she got home, she excitedly told me
that a man in one of the Fair booths stuck her with needles.
A man? With needles?

I immediately called the principal.
 Apparently ‘the man” was an acupuncturist
and used Chelsea’s arm to demonstrate his art of stick ‘em.
When a teacher saw what was going on…she shut his demo down.
But that was after Chels had become his personal pin cushion.

The principal did his best to assure me
that bigC would be fine
and not to worry about any pin cushion disease...
but it was hard to calm me down.

“Where on earth is this okay?
Who on earth would do this?
What on earth is going on?”

And my final "I'm Coming for you/promise/threat":

“If ANYTHING happens to Chelsea
If she comes down with so much as a sniffle…
You will be living  HELL on earth.”

Anywhoooo………………….

It is instinctive for all mothers on this great EARTH to protect their young…
no matter what species they belong to.
And this Kat…would do anything to protect her kittens.
 Anything.

I've occasionally run into (not run over) the principal over the years…
and I'm very cordial. 

But I do give him the stink eye

just so he remembers that I have dirt on him.

And he never ever fails to forget me.

I’m sure he has told his wife…that should something ever happen to him…


make sure to look for...
earthshoe prints.

No comments: