Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year's EVE

Do you know the meaning of Auld Lang Syne?

I do....because I googled it.  
(Love the Googler.)

Auld Lang Syne has to do with old times...
past times that are remembered with affection or nostalgia.
It was first played by Guy Lombardo as a New Year's Eve song
at the Hotel Roosevelt in New York City.
The song still kicks off the Times Square celebration every New Year's Eve.
(Love it when I sound smart.)

Anywhoooo...

Can you think of a sadder song to ring in the new Year than
"Auld Lang Syne?"
I don't know about you...but when I hear it...I wanna cry.  

It puts me in a somber sober mood.  

Don't cha think...there has to be a better song to ring in the New Year?
A song to put you in a happy mood...
not a mood of doom and gloom lowered by the boom.

Maybe a Toby Keith song should be considered...

"Red Solo Cup"?

With Lyrics like...
Red Solo Cup, I fill you up.
Let's have a paarrrty. Let's have a party.


How could you not want to ring in the New Year with a lamp shade on your head.


Happy New Year's Eve....Everyone.

Be careful out there...this is a night when amateurs decide to party like it's 2012.

And remember.....

Don't TEXT and DRIVE.

and

Don't DOWN your Red Solo Cup and DRIVE.

No comments: