Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Real Men Do Cry


I have met my match. Okay, technically we've never met, but we are definitely a match. Kat and John Boehner, a couple of cry babies. Wah wah wah.


Did you happen to see John Boehner on 60 Minutes...the new Speaker of the House...aka Weeper of the House? During his interview with Lesley Stahl he cried on her shoulder for at least 6 out of the 20 minutes he was on 60 Minutes. Tick tick tick. Time couldn’t pass fast enough.


I understand his waterworks. Emotions have a way of creeping up on you when you least expect them. I always get a good cry going during Folger’s commercials. They’ve always tugged at my heartstrings...but for some reason they don't tug at my purse strings. I never find myself running out to buy a can of Folgers.


Anywhoooooo....................


John Boehner is known for his crying, so "they" say his blubbering on 60 Minutes was no surprise. Dude, it was a surprise to me. Tears over "Terms of Endearment" are one thing, but tears over "Terms of U.S. Treaties" are just wrong.



In actuality (which is actual reality), I don't have a problem with John Boehner and his tears. I like it when a man shows that he has a heart, even if he wears it on his sleeve.

The biggest problem I have with all of this is is (love a double “is”) that if a woman cried during the same interview…she would be labeled weak, unstable, and a huge basket case.


For crying out loud...there is an unfair double standard.



It’s a crying shame when the tears of a woman politician are seen as lack of composure and the same tears “humanize” a male politician.


Maybe John Boehner’s tears are just a Crying Game… a way to gain support. He could be employing a “Cry Me a River” tactic…so Democrats will paddle on over to his side.


Or then again, John Boehner’s tears could be his actual battle cry, as he prepares to take over as Speaker of the House tomorrow.

Ps. I can hear you crying Uncle. I will stop now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the double standard!

I am all about sharing your feelings/emotions but his crying is a little to much for me. Maybe he should be a representative for a crocodile not an elephant. ;-)

Frances said...

oops! that comment was from me!

Anonymous said...

Agreed! Right on! and I hate men who cry. period.

Anonymous said...

To the annonymous poster who said "Agreed....right on:

I've seen that guy being interviewed by several different people, in several different settings, about several different issues. During each and every interview, he cries. No matter what he's talking about, who is asking the questions or where he is. Could he be bipolar or something? I ask because what kind of person has THAT degree of difficulty controlling their emotions on such a regular basis?

And.....men who cry = babies. Ick.

Jayne said...

He cries so much it's a little unsettling lol