Friday, January 21, 2011

Chelsea's Milestone Birthday


Today marks Chelsea’s 25th birthday...a milestone. Woo hoo.
Quarter of a century.

I remember living in Jax when Chelsea was just an infant.
I was a new mom...lucky to be home with my first born bundle of love and we were getting used to our new routine together.

The morning would fly by...
breakfast,
bowels,
bath,
and back to bed for Baby c.
Then it was the afternoon schedule...lunch....hmmm...what now?
I would have to come up with a diversion to pass the time.

I remember sitting on the couch with her next to me...thinking of new ways to amuse her.
Whenever she got her little arms moving and legs kicking,
I knew I had a career in entertainment.

I’d wiggle Mr. Roly Poly Bird...rattle plastic car keys...shake and squeak wiggle worm.
After a half hour of wiggling, shaking, squeaking, and rattling...I’d start wondering.
Now what am I supposed to do?
What will my next act be?

Now it’s...9,125 days later and Chelsea is 25.
And I’m asking myself... “Where did all those days go???”

Anywhoooooooo................

I can still see Chelsea’s face
as she looks down at her birthday cake to blow out her candles...
her big dimples and smile glowing in the flame...until we sang.

We quickly learned that singing “Happy Birthday” brought tears.
Maybe Chelsea didn’t like all the attention directed to her,
maybe we were singing off-key,
or maybe both.
But Chelsea would go into the “It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to” blues.

But that was then and this is now...
now Chelsea loves a celebration and even celebrates her half birthday.

I know Chelsea won't be doing any crying today...
but I feel the tears coming when I think back
and reminisce on those 9,125 days gone by.

It’s her birthday and I’ll cry if I want to...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea.
Lots of Love...25 Hugs and 25 Kisses.