Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kat Rant


I haven’t ranted in a while…so hold your ears…or close your eyes…I’m doing it now.

My rant has to do with the police. I know the police were invented to help the public…and save the day. But last weekend, I swear I was almost taken out by a cop…and I wasn’t even doing my usual illegal stuff.

I was driving on my side of a two-sided road that is only divided by a double yellow solid line of paint. The road goes up and over a small mountain where the speed limit is 40 and curves back and forth.

I was driving and singing away to tunes with the volume cranked up. And next thing I know…a cop is coming full speed at me…head on. It crossed the solid yellow line to pass the car in front of him on the blind windy curve. He narrowly missed me…by a scream.

I wanted to do something. Anything. I laid on my horn. I wanted to make a citizen’s arrest. I wanted to report the cop for almost turning me into road kill…but I was afraid he would have my number…if you know what I mean.

Okay, maybe the cop was rushing to help someone who was in dire need. But I don’t think killing a middle-aged blogger in the process is justified…warranted….or very nice.

Anywho……….

The incident got me thinking…I wonder how many people have been maimed or killed in accidents resulting from an overzealous cop with a need for speed and siren? I wonder if they keep those statistics or bury them under the people they take out.

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion…that if they did keep such statistics…the public wouldn’t be privy to them.

Rant over.

Whew…I feel so much better getting that off my chest. Thanks for listening. I hear it is healthy to let it all out and not keep anything bottled up. That way you don’t end up with anger management issues…ala Mel Gibson style.

1 comment:

big C said...

that drives me CRAZY!!! I always like to find a cop who is speeding on the highway and follow right behind his path...hehehe :)