Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hello Already


What exactly burns your buns? Well…the certain something that burns MY buns…is when I’m shopping in a store and an employee says ‘hello’ to me…numerous times.
I’m a friendly Kat, so I’m not saying I don’t like to be cordial…but my buns are well-toasted when I get multiple greetings from the SAME person. I can get by with ONE 'hello' from a total stranger. A single ‘hello’ completes me.

I’m sure employees are instructed by management to say ‘hello’ to customers…make them feel comfortable…make them feel welcomed…make them feel like spending money…whatever…but they should also train them to look at the person they say ‘hello’ to. That way, they don’t end up over hello-ing it…which is as irritating and sincere as a Tony Hayward quote.

Anywho………..

Yesterday I went into B Band B…that’s the Bed, Bath and Beyond store…not the bourbon, brandy and beer store I usually frequent…and a woman working there said ‘hello’ to me as I walked by her. As I walked farther into the store she said ‘hello’ to me while stocking display shelves. Then I went back around the display…and she said hello to me AGAIN …after only 30 seconds.

“HELLO ALREADY. YOU’VE SAID HELLO TO ME THREE TIMES.” That is what I wanted to scream to the woman, but I couldn’t…like I said “I’m a friendly Kat.” Instead I just screamed it in my head.

At least Walmart has it right…they put the greeter person at the front door…so unless you are making multiple trips to the Mart…you are only getting one ‘hello.’

One ‘hello’ per customer. Is that too much to ask for? My buns are burning…gotta go.

1 comment:

big C said...

Haha! I HATE this too! I was at the mall and one girl said hello, then I walked 10 feet away and she said hello again to me.... UNNECESSARY