Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back-to-School Supplies

Some people love the smell of perfume...
or fresh cut grass...
or the inside of a new car.
I I have a passion for the smell of Staples...especially this time of year....

September...Back-to-School.


There’s nothing like the smell of a fresh supply of back-to-school supplies
(exception: a fistful of cash.)
I’m not entirely sure what ingredients give the store that scent.
Maybe it’s a combo of notebook paper mixed with No. 2 lead...
but I swear if they bottled it...
I would wear it.
(Eau de Staples)

Anywhooooo.............

As a kid, I looked forward to the start of school...
choosing new pencils, pens, markers, paper…
and organizing my notebooks with subject dividers.
So when our kids began attending school…
I happily skipped into the nearest Staples with their lists of school supplies.

I like to be organized…not in a clean closet, clean room manner…
but in the paper, file, index sort-of-way.

So I looked forward to helping my kid’s organize their piles of supplies for school.
 Big C and Wishy, however, preferred to do it themselves,
so I had to sit on my hands…
and longingly watch from at least a ruler’s distance.

But…Colinboy never minded my assistance.
Heck, Colin delegated the job to me like he was CEO and I was his secretary.
He would hand me a pile of notebooks, folders, and dividers and say:
 “Go ahead Kat, organize my notebooks, sharpen my pencils...
and get it all back to me by the end of the day.”

I think Colinboy pretty much invented the phrase:
 “That was easy.”

Ps. Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit...Happy September

No comments: