Thursday, February 28, 2008

SAT Enigma

This Saturday Brianna and other high school juniors around the nation will be taking the SAT test. You know the test, the one that everyone says is so important… Your whole high school performance is reduced to a number stamped on your forehead…designed to separate the good, the bad and the ugly. The line for bottle washers at the city morgue starts over here…line for people going places over there.

I remember when Colinboy was leaving the house to take the SAT. The last thing PaulA said to him was, “Do you know what enigma means because enigma was on my test.” Colin was excited when he got home, “Enigma was on the test! I know I got one right.”

It is a good thing I don’t have to take the SAT. I would find it very difficult. The math section would be a joke …especially word problems about trains leaving the train station at the same time and going in different directions. Come on. Those trains must be at least 50 years old by now and should be taken off the tracks. Vocabulary…not my specialty either. Where do they dig up these words…people use the word loquacious? As for writing and proper grammar rules…yikes. Take this blog for instance. I make up my own ways to punctuate sentences. With dot, dot, dot…and spellchecker…I’m golden.

So to Sweet Wishy and all the great kids out there taking the SAT…good luck ‘cause you are going to need it. Don’t let the fact, that if you don’t do well …you might be destined to a life as a suburban hack blogger with bad grammar and math skills… make you nervous. Take a deep breath, relax and think enigma.

To help you with the word “enigma”…I’ve used it in a sentence: It is an enigma why Kat likes to blog on random subjects.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Thanks for your posting and have a good day.