Monday, February 11, 2008

Tastes Like Chicken

Why is it when you taste something new, especially meat …it tastes like chicken? I’ve heard rabbit, alligator and buffalo taste like chicken. I remember once on an early episode of Survivor they tasted rat meat and thought it tasted like chicken. Chicken, the universal taste.

One night we went to a cool pan-Asian restaurant. You know the kind of place….hip, chic, water streaming down the wall, sushi bar. The kind of upscale place you would find in New York, with beautiful people. My only problem with a pan-Asian restaurant is not the beautiful people, they can stay, but their “speciality” is sushi. I prefer my food unspecial and not stare back at me or wiggle when I eat it. I realize that most adults have adventuresome tastes and actually like sushi. They don’t go “ewwwwww” when they see raw fish on a plate (not that I say that out loud – I’m just usually screaming “ewwww” in my head). I guess I wouldn’t make a good food critic.

Keep the chopsticks...give me a fork, knife and spoon and I am good to plow through any meal. I chose the sea bass… they actually cook it. And if you close your eyes, sea bass tastes like chicken. See…. Chicken, the universal taste.

One thing I learned for sure…sushi tastes better than sake. The bartender poured me a sake shorty(made that up…sounds cool). One little taste and my face was in contortions. I swear, I almost went into convulsions. Come on, who really likes this stuff? Terrible tasting…I wished it tasted like chicken, but nooooo it tasted like floor cleaner…not that I have ever sampled floor cleaner.

Another thing I learned for sure: If I have to eat sushi and drink sake, it is going to be hard for me to look beautiful at a pan-Asian restaurant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand.
It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.

I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get
the hang of it!

Here is my web page - read more (freewinrarpasswordremover.com)

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the most vital information for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The
site style is ideal, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

My web site :: Dianasowiggins.edublogs.Org