Friday, February 8, 2008

Faceless Pundit

What the heck is a pundit? I was watching the results of Super Tuesday and the news people kept talking about pundits…what the pundits thought and what the pundits said. Hellooo, do most people know what a pundit is???

What if this is a word that I should know, as a reasonably intelligent person (that I hope to be.) Hmm…going by the way the word sounds...I would think a pundit was someone who told stories that ended with a pun, “get my pundit?” But then again, within the context that “pundit” was used on Super Tuesday, maybe that wouldn’t make much sense. So, let’s see… “pundit”…I’m guessing…. They are political people that yack their faces off?

I just googled “pundit” and the googler said, “someone who has an opinion, analysis or commentary on a particular subject (usually politics) and is knowledgeable.” Oh, so these faceless pundits are people like Nancy Grace, Tim Russert, Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews. Guess I’m right after all…political people that yack their faces off.

I am a pundit of sorts, although I’m not a political expert. I am knowledgeable about what the candidates represent….but I don’t know the data on what percent of black women voters are voting for Barack or what percentage of white voters living west of the Mississippi with scaley skin and dandruff, would vote for John McCain.

Instead, I would consider myself a blogging pundit. That would make me a blog expert. So if I get the call from Yahoo ‘cause they need a blog pundit…I am there. I could really help them too. I could give them expert facts on what percentages of bloggers blog on Fridays before noon, what percentage of bloggers drink red wine, and what percentages of bloggers drink red wine and blog on Fridays before noon.

It is Friday morning…this pundit will remain faceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's 5 o'clock somewhere, you wino...

BA