Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lame-O Break Down

I was playing paddle tennis with my partner and suddenly she “pulled up lame.” I think that is a funny expression to something that isn’t funny at all. I’m sure if you talked to Lor…she wasn’t laughing.

So why do we get these injuires…she wasn’t doing anything wild and crazy? Just going for an overhead. This same thing happened to PaulA last winter playing paddle. I know it can’t be because we are old. I would never blame it on age…anything but that. But eventually our parts get old and we break down…

Just like our appliances. We use them everyday…come to depend on them…and then one day…out of the blue…bang. They just stop working. Actually, that just happened to our freezer and our dryer within days of each other. When it rains, it…When one thing goes…it all goes.

The compressor on our freezer just stopped…decided it wasn’t going to keep our many dollars worth of meat frozen anymore. (note to self: blog about the meatman) Everything defrosted… had to throw everything out…the 2 year-old bag of green beans needed to go anyway….then had to stuff the refrigerator with meat. It was meat mania at our house. Anyone who came over, left the house with a pork chop as a parting gift.

As for the dryer…the timer stopped working. I began to realize something was up when my dryer was still drying towels 9 hours later…whoops.

So eventually the appliances got fixed and Lor’s calf injury healed. Which is real good. We were this close to putting Lor out to pasture…

Excuse me while I paddle my behind for such bad humor.

No comments: