Thursday, January 14, 2010

Heigh Ho


Heigh ho, Heigh ho, it’s off to school they go. Today is “Going Back to School” day…for Colinboy, Sweet Wishy, and Happy. Does it sound like I’m doing a jig over here in my blog seat?

Is that a smile on Kat’s face? Could I be the same woman from last September…the woman who was boo-hooing that her kids were flying the coop…and she was left with an empty nest… singing the “I’m-no-longer-useful, What-will-I do-with-myself, The-house-is-so-quiet” blues.

Well, THEY were right…all those empty nesters who have gone before me, were absolutely right. I would learn to appreciate how clean my house would stay...with no extra laundry, shopping, cooking…and the benefactor of consecutive hours of worry-free sleep. Now I can tend to the important stuff…blogging.

I will also have to spend the next few days looking for items I hid…mostly from Colinboy. Am I the only one hiding things from their kids, so they don’t run off with them? Problem is I usually do a great job of hiding things from myself. Now where is that phone charger?

Don’t get me wrong, I have enjoyed having the kids home. I enjoy their company…and LOVE them to pieces…just not some of the habits that go with being a nocturnal, eternally hungry, messy, chillax college co-ed.

Okay, I’m not really doing a jig. I’m doing more of a hip-hop………….
That’s what cool kats do.

No comments: