Monday, November 23, 2009

The Fourth Person

A Kat Milestone…Today is my 500th Blog! Blog On!

I know I make this blogging thing look damn easy. Day after day, week after week, crap after crap…such prolific material just oozing from my pores. There is some real work and mastery to doing this blogging thing. But I do have trouble with a few things….

One of the worstest things for me...is not the superlatives…it is the punctuation. You will see dot dot dot used…mainly because I prefer sentence fragments over complete sentences…plus that is exactly what is going on in my head. What you see…is what I think. And I’m never sure what proper punctuation to use…comma, semi-comma, colin, semi-colin.

Another very difficultest thing for me…is not the superlatives …is/was and has always been the tenses. I start in the present then switch to past…and then I’m not sure if I am in the moment or back to the future.

And don’t even go there with dangling participles. The dangling participle sounds so decadent… right there, dangling in front of me …so I just have to have it. I might have to dangle a participle in front of you to entice you to keep reading.

But the mostest difficult of all…is not the superlatives…it is the person. First person, third person…the same person. Whose on first…whose on third? I can be writing ‘I’ and mean ‘me’, and then I can be writing ‘Kat’ and mean ‘I’ …and then when I need to totally dissociate, I use the fourth person… ‘crazy Kat.’

The mostest easiest thing about blogging….besides the superlatives…is the material. I can shovel dangling participles, dots, worstest superlatives, and bad punctuation in my blogs…and it doesn’t matter. I just blame the fourth person…crazy Kat.

2 comments:

big C said...

CONGRATS!!! see you soon :)

Sistersledge said...

The mostest difficultest worstest of all is reading this blog! Ha, ha, ha, ha!