Thursday, November 5, 2009

As The Crow Flies

The Yang Yankees won the World Series last night in their new stadium…making today the longest day in the Red Sox calendar year. What’s a Red Sox fan to do? Okay, I’ll suck it up and say it, “Congratulations to theYankees players, organization, and their fans.” (Enjoy it all now…JUST wait until next year.)

I have to admit…theYankees were the best team in baseball this year. And that wasn’t easy to say and it was even harder to write. Saying it is one thing…in one ear and out the other…but putting it in writing, puts it out there permanently in blogworld. As a Yankee fan…you (BA) may have had a crow to pick with me because of some statements I made in yesterday’ s blog …but at least you don’t have to eat crow today.

It’s very hard to eat crow…it doesn’t taste so great…or sit so well in the belly. There is nothing good about eating crow…it’s foul-tasting, fowl-smelling and very hard to swallow. I can’t think of any way to eat crow with dignity and not gag…unless…I add a little Emeril’s Creole Seasoning (BAM!), maybe it would taste like chicken.

As the crow flies…it is about 200 miles from the Bronx to Boston….and I’m sure there are audible sounds of many Red Sox fans in Boston gagging and puking as they try to get down a little crow today…(maybe a blender would help…a crow protein drink.)

Next time I would prefer to eat humble pie...(although I’m not sure what’s in it.) A humble pie has to be better than a big, thick, tough, fowl bird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to crow, but maybe a nice glass of wine will help get it down...
Humbly,
BA