Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear PaulA

This is a special Sunday submission…because it is my hubby’s birthday. I have now completed all the birthday dedications for those in my immediate family...PaulA is the last. I guess I saved the best for last.

PaulA has taken a little ribbing…and a lot of crap in this blog…and has been a good sport through it all. My silly nickname for him has become infamous. He doesn’t mind if you call him Paul-A to his face…just don’t say Paula. And don’t call him Jethro. Although the Return of Jethro did feature a swallowed fish bone.

I will try to keep this birthday dedication simple…mainly because PaulA does not like much hoopla surrounding himself. He doesn’t require gifts (although he might take money…I never had any to give)…and prefers…the gift of time with his friends and family. He never would object to a party…just wants to be with everyone…without all the foo foo.

If you give him a present. He unwraps it….looks at it…says, “Isn’t that nice” and then puts it back in the box. Now whenever I give him something…I tell him, “I would like a little reaction when you open this gift.” So now…he goes ape shit. The kids get a charge out of it. I have to admit…it is pretty funny. He starts hooting and hollering…jumps up and down…puts the item on…puts it on his head…jumps on the couch (He basically does a Tom Cruise psycho act.) That’s PaulA for you. You give him a little constructive criticism and he runs with it.

Age 52 might sound old to some, but PaulA has so much energy. I do not know where he gets it…or what powerbar he is eating….but he has always been this way. I always knew he would be difficult to keep up with. I wouldn’t call myself a lazyass….but he can plum tucker a person out. The other evening I tried to take a katnap in the chair and pretend that I was awake, but he caught me…when I made no sense.

I have celebrated 33 of PaulA’s birthdays with him…every birthday since he was 19!! And every year is more special than the last…because it is another year with my loving husband.

I can’t wait to give PaulA the monogrammed “Manomet Man” bathrobe I got him for his birthday….and watch his crazy act.

Go PaulA, it’s your birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fifty two, schmifty two. Cheers...

BA