Friday, January 27, 2012

Blogging from a New Altitude

Look up.
It's a bird.
It's a plane.
It's Kat blogging from the sky.

This is a first, folks.
37,000 miles high and I'm sending this blog back down to Earth. 
Now, I ask you....When on Earth
would we have pedicted we could sit at an altitude above the clouds
and spread attitude back from the sky?
(and for only 5 bucks.)

Take-off was smooth sailing.
(Wait, am I sailing or flying?)
The Pilot had prepared us for some bumps (please, no bruises) through the clouds...
until we reached a cruising (wait, am I sailing or flying?) altitude. 
Thank the Lord, it was eventless. 
And I did Thank the Lord...
crossing myself each time the sound of the engine changed.

The only thi....

Sorry folks...gotta run...
Just when I open my blogging mouth about being turbulence free...
the Piolt has turned on the 'Fasten Seatbelt' sign. 
I can't cut a break on this voyage....(wait, am I sailing or flying?
I'll resume blogging after I get my stomach right side up and steady my shakes.
(And noooo.... I haven't had an in-flight cocktail.)

I gotta do what calms me down in turbulent times like these. 
I gotta put my headphones on
and turn the volume wheel on my iPod way UP.

I'll be back to ya when things (the plane, my stomach, my shaky fingers) settle down.

Anywhoo........

This Kat is back. 
My iPod distraction plan for turbulence worked.
EXCEPT for the fact...(as only my luck would have it)
...the song, "If I Die Young", by The Band Perry, started playing
 as soon as I turned on my iPod. 
And the words....
"If I die young, burry me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses"
filled my ears. 
 (The only saving grace is...I'm not young.)

There couldn't have been a better song to play at that very moment. 
(To be read in a sarcastic tone.)

I'm not sure I like blogging from the sky..........
.......................
the Pilot is back on...with you know what.....
TURBULENCE AHEAD.

Talk to ya lata ....when this landlubber has her feet back on Earth. 
 (Wait, am I sailing or flying?)

No comments: