Saturday, August 27, 2011

Me, Myself, and Irene

You may or may not be familiar with "Raising Kane" ...
but you have to be familiar with Hurricane Irene
 raising cane on the east coast of the United States.


It’s consumed the airwaves and sea waves for the entire week.
You’d have to be living under Plymouth Rock
to not know there was a hurricane coming to the northeast this weekend.
There’s been 25 hour coverage on television as we watched Irene sashay her sultry butt up the east coast.
(That nasty biotch.)

The advantage of living in the Northeast is that we know waay in advance that a hurricane is coming
and have time to get prepared /procrastinate.
For some reason, the more the forecasters and doplers talk and lecture about Irene...
the more I hear Charlie Brown’s teacher’s voice...waaa..waaaa.

Anywhoooo.........

So what have I done to get ready for this huge weather event?
Not much. Nothing. Really.

Note to self : Get off your ass. Be a good Girl Scout and tie some knots.

The most I’ve done over the past 3 or 4 days is to buy tickets to see the performance of...
 “Wicked”
in Hartford, CT on Sunday.
Sunday, the day Wicked Irene, the unwanted visitor, comes knocking at our door.
I don’t know what I wasn’t thinking...

Apparently I’m not too worried.
I attribute my laissez faire attitude to my maiden name. Thomas.
I fit the Doubting Thomas mold.
(usually I’m not this moldy.)

So what could be the worst scenario?
The worst case scenario could be destruction to our home, and loss of life and tree limb....
but I’m thinking the realistic worse would be
No internet connection for 3 days.
No blogging for 72 hours.
Say it isn’t so, Flo.

I look forward to when all this hubbub and hallabaloo about Hurricane Irene and her wicked ways...
is behind us ...and we can all say...

Goodnight, IRENE.

No comments: