Monday, July 4, 2011

Sing With Me...Happy Birthday, America

Happy Birthday, America

I'm thinking of singing “Happy Birthday” to America
which would be corny…but definitely All-American.
All-American grown corn.
On second thought...

Maybe I’ll just sing Katy Perry’s “Firework.”



This Kat is singing today because I’m proud to be from America,
The Land of the Free, The Home of the Brave.
And I want to sing praises to our U.S. servicemen and servicewomen…
young people willing to risk their lives to protect our freedom.
I tear up at the very thought of it.


Yesterday Colinboy attended a party in honor of his buddy, Sean
who is safely back from Afghanistan
after serving as a gunner on a tank.
Amen.
Here come the tears.

Anywhoooooo.......

As a military child on an airbase, I grew up hearing the daily sound of planes landing and taking off.
That was how I woke in the morning and how I fell asleep at night...
it was my security blanket.
So this Fourth of July (and every day)
I want to thank all the men and women who have volunteered to be our
enormous security blankie.


Happy Birthday, America.
You are 235 years old today.
(Suddenly I don’t feel so ancient.)


Sing with me...

"America...you’re a firework

Come on let your colors burst

Make them go, oh, oh, oh

As you shoot across the sky........"



(Okay, not exactly Francis Scott Key caliber...)

2 comments:

Choose to be Happy said...

hahah suddenly I dont feel so ancient either mama.

and a little katy perry... i like it! you so hip ;)

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular article!
It iis the little changes that wil make the most significant changes.
Thanks for sharing!

my blog post; Single Men In Charlotte