Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The 4 R's

The Beach is the perfect place to enjoy the 3 “Rs”...Respite, Reading, and Relaxation.

(Can I get a collective sigh “aHHHHHH”?)

EXCEPT when a Jet SKI hits the scene...

RRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(That’s the 4th "R". The irritating “R”.)

I don’t particularly like jet skis....
I admit, they look like fun.
They just don’t sound fun.

Have you ever really listened to the sounds they make?
A jet ski sounds angry as it changes speeds over the waves.
I’m just not sure why I would want to climb aboard something so darn loud and mean.

And two jet skis together...sound like dueling fighters who are really. really. Pissed-off.
One is saying something nasty and the other is nasty back. Mean fightin’ machines.

Anywhooooo...

Growing up in the Great State of Vermont, I do admit to spending time on a snowmobile.


 
When I climbed aboard my Artic Cat....I became ARTIC KAT.
It was a fun way to get outside in the cold and not be a houseKat for a few hours.

Now I understand why Bambi and his animal friends took off the other way
when we drove our noisemakers through the serene woods and fields.

I never really thought about the similarity before...until the 4th "R"
 interrupted my enjoyable 3 "R"  experience on the beach.
To Bambi and friends...Artic Kat was “Man on Angry Machine.”
(RRRRRrrrrrRRRRRrrrrr)

Sometimes it takes a while before things come full circle and an epiphany occurs.....
(Can I get a collective sigh “aHHHHH?”)


I think we should start replacing that 4th (RRRRRrrrrrRRRRRrrrrr) with a new “R”.
Any ideas?

RUM, PERHAPS?

4 comments:

choose to be happy blog said...

RUM. mmmmmmm yes.

hehe

or Real Housewives of some city marathons (on the beach)

oh ya! now we're talkin

choose to be happy blog said...

RUM. mmmmmmm yes.

hehe

or Real Housewives of some city marathons (on the beach)

oh ya! now we're talkin

Anonymous said...

Whoever said money can't buy you happiness?! It sure as hell can buy you a jetski! Every seen a sad person on a jetski?! CTH

Anonymous said...

Hmm is аnyone else having problеmѕ
with the images on this blog loading? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.

Any feed-bаck would be greatly appreciated.

Fееl free to ѕurf to my weblog ... Author's external home page...