Monday, May 9, 2011

A Charmed Life




Where you up for the royal wedding? I’ve mentioned that I wasn’t up for it…BUT I found myself up…just before 6 am. His royal Heinyness, Duncandog rang…so I answered his call. I wasn’t risking an accident by the kitchen slider. So I dragged my tired ass out of bed…and then remembered to turn the TV on and tune in.

The royal wedding was a fairy tale. Commoner girl marries Handsome Prince and they ride off in an open carriage…into a fantasy life. A life FREE of mundane chores.

Anywhoooooooooooooooooo……………..

As I was sweeping the floor that morning, the thought occurred to me…Kate will never EVER sweep the floor. She won’t even know where the broom is kept. She has people for that.

Then it all hit me...the things that Kate will never EVER have to do in her life. No…dusting, dishes, cooking, vacuuming, laundry, banking, gas pumping, etc. etc. But the biggest two? Never having to stand in line at the DMV. And never having to hassle it out with Comcast.

They life a charmed life. No wonder the royals are so freaking charming. Wouldn't you be? I could be a lot more charming (than I am now)…if I had people.

There was a rumor going around that Prince Charles's life is so cushy…(How cushy?)…So cushy, that he doesn’t even put toothpaste on his own toothbrush. He has people for that.

People who are willing to serve his every whim. I wonder what an official toothpaste placer gets paid?

I’m guessing they don’t have to pay the guy whose job it is to schmear sunblock on Kate. I’m pretty sure he’ll work for free.

Heck, I work for free. I answer Duncandog’s call every morning at 6 am. Even Duncandog has people.

1 comment:

Bri @ Sea said...

duncandog gets what duncandog WANTS!!