Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bloomin' Allergies


What’s worse than rainy days and Mondays? I think it has to be…rainy Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays…….which happens to be the weather forecast for this week in the Northeast. Cry Me a River.




The only upside to the unending rain is that every droplet helps to remove pollen from the air. Hopefully this will bring relief to seasonal allergy sufferers. This allergy season has been a BEAR…and now with a 5 day forecast of raining cats and dogs…it is officially The Wild Ass Kingdom.



All these years I’ve been lucky to be allergy free…even with so many things out there to be allergic to…like gluten, peanut, msg, nickel, chocolate (SHOOT me, if I ever develop an allergy to chocolate.)



I got to thinking I was Houdini and escaped seasonal allergies…until now. Call me a late bloomer. I went years without so much as a sniffle, but it appears I’ve blossomed into a mature allergy sufferer. Achooie.



Allergy symptoms…tearing, sneezing, runny nose, and obnoxious cough…can make a person pretty un-pretty. Thankfully, pollen counts will be coming down around June 1st. But then we’ll be faced with the hippie allergy seasons…summer with the grass…and fall with the weed.



It is very difficult to nip these allergies in the bud...other than living in a plastic bubble, like the bubble boy.  And many spend tons of money on Zyrtec and Claritin...keeping CVS in business.



The Neti Pot is a good option and nothing to sneeze at. I happen to make my own pot…I use a plastic cup and squeeze the sides together. But the idea is to pour saline (H20) into your nostrils…and wash away the pollen trapped in your nose. The visual of stuff dripping from your nose is disgusting…for good season.



Anywhoooooo………………….



Hillary Clinton has allergies…and not just allergic reactions to Big Bad Boy Bill.



Remember this iconic picture of Hillary with her hand over her mouth in the Situation Room during the raid on bin laden’s compound? Hillary attributes her reaction to her allergies. When I heard Hillary make that comment…I wasn’t so sure I believed her. I think her spring allergies took the fall for her emotions. Her explanation burst my bubble.





And now that I’m out of my bubble…I gotta run...to the CVS.

1 comment:

choose to be happy blog said...

oh no! allergies! yes i too was free from them for 25 wonderful years. until this spring. and now nasal spray is my best friends.