Friday, August 1, 2008

Very Interesting

After 10 months of writing this blog…I am used to THE questions. When I first started writing, I didn’t tell anyone, but then decided... "why not tell people?" Part of the fun of writing something is to have it read. Besides 35 million other bloggers can’t be wrong. So I slowly spilled the blogger beans.

The following are the types of questions that I am asked about my blogging tendencies. These questions are usually asked by the person observing me with their head cocked to the side, eyes squinted and mouth pursed…as if observing a train crash OR freak of nature.

You write a blog? Oh...that’s interesting.

Why did you start? You were avoiding things you should be doing…that’s interesting.

Do people actually read your blog? Maybe 1 or 2 people...that many... interesting.

Did you have a normal childhood growing up? Oh, you think so…you think you’re normal…that’s interesting.

Are you sure you don’t have some mother issues that you are trying to resolve with your blog? Oh, none you can think of…your mom wasn’t the Betty Davis type...you're still thinking your're normal...that’s interesting.

How much time do you spend blogging? Oh, all that precious time wasted…down the tubes…that's interesting.

When do you think you’ll stop this blogging nonsense? I mean, absurdity…uh…gibberish…inanity…lunacy? Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that…like it sounded. But when…exactly?

As a freak of nature…I am very interesting.

No comments: