Thursday, August 7, 2008

ColinHomingBoy

When PaulA has business in Boston I like to go along for the ride…I always love the chance to be in Red Sox Nation…Beantown…Home of the worst accent in the nation. The extra special bonus of riding shot gun with PaulA…is the opportunity to see Colin. So luckily last week PaulA had a meeting in Copley Plaza…and I had a meeting on Newbury Street …yeah…That is what I like to tell myself. Okay, I had a big date with the shops.

I called Colin and arranged to meet him after he finished work and before he had real plans with cool, fun people…aka…not me. He could take the "T" after work and meet me on Newbury Street. A little digression …I love that Boston Beaners call the train the “T”. Someone asked me for directions to the subway…a dead giveaway they were from NYC… “the City”…not “the Town.”

So now…Where to meet Colinboy on a busy summer street? “I’ll find you,” he said….which he did. And I knew he would. Colin has a built-in homing device. I swear if I stepped over the Boston City Limits line Colin would know….his homing boy device would go off immediately… Katmom has entered Beantown …right foot taken on Massachusetts Ave near Dunkin Donuts.

When Col was young, he always knew right where I was…no matter what the size of the crowd. When we would attend his concerts, or games and it was difficult to find him through everyone. …I would always know he could find me. I would ask, “Did you see where I was sitting?” Oh yea…you were in row 10, left side…in seat 3A.”

The best is…if ever I was lost hiking in the Rocky Mountains…(yeah, like I hike a lot)…ColinHomingboy could find me. I am so lucky like that.

No comments: