Wednesday, May 28, 2008

See Or Be Seen

Just got back from the eye doctor. After an assault and battery of tests the doc says, “I bet you have trouble seeing and you get headaches at the end of the day”……Hey dude, where did you go to eye doctor school? School for the blind? Why else would I be here?

He put me through every eye test…I passed some and flunked the others. The test that bothers me the most…gives me the most trouble…is the puff for the glaucoma test. My dad has glaucoma and because it is contagious …I mean hereditary…I know I have to endure it. The anticipation of the puff is the hardest part. You know it is coming…but when? Then puff…Gotcha! I’m sure this is how the eye doc gets his kicks during the day.

Then the test with the letters….the doc covers one eye asking…is Line Number One better than Number Two…Line Two better or Three…Three or Two? OMG…after awhile all the lines are a blur. Now I am all mixed up…is Line Three really any better? I’m just sticking with Line Two no matter what he asks…this test is too difficult.

After the exam…glasses are suggested. They ask me to look at frames, but I can’t see the frames…I can’t even see the floor to walk over to the frames. My pupils have been dilated so the doc could look to the back of my head…all the way to my optic nerve. That really weirds me out. My optic nerve feels so exposed.

I am thinking I am gonna pick out some coolio glasses…ones that I actually want to keep on my face…maybe enhance my appearance……which could use some enhancements. Now I am trying to think of what movie stars wear for glasses. Hmmmm…Geez, can’t think of any. Ooh…..now I get it…That’s because movie stars don’t wear glasses, Kat!

I can see, with or without glasses, that this blog is rambling on and on. Yup, the way I see it…you would rather be left in the dark about all my appointments.

No comments: