Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy 7th Twitterversary



Today is the 7th anniversary 
of the first 
Tweet.

Co-founder Jack Dorsey 
(wish I was the other founder) 
sent the first tweet which read, 
 "just setting up my twttr."

I might have gone with:
  "Twitter is gonna make us rich, RICH, RICH." 



I remember 
Alexander Graham Bells' first words  
on his
telephone call 
to his assistant, Thomas Watson 
137 years ago... 
(Not that I was born 137 years ago. 
I was born the year after.)

"Mr. Watson-come here-I want to see you." 

ummm...I'm thinking that lacked pizzaz.

I'm liking
"yo yo Wat, wassup-get back here"
so much better.


Anywhooooo……..

Now words like 
Twitter, 
tweet, 
re-tweet and 
hashtag 
have become a part of our vocab.
(They might even be on school spelling lists.)
#absurdcomment

So....
In honor of Twitter's 7th Twitterversary…
I am posting 

My Twitter Tongue Twister

Twanda Twain tweeted a twit of twittered tweets.
A twit of twittered tweets Twanda Twain tweeted.
If Twanda Twain tweeted a twit of twittered tweets
How many tweets of twitter did Twanda Twain Tweet?

#TKatTweetsyou

No comments: