Friday, February 24, 2012

My Kind of Swanky

I love going to swanky places,
but that's usually when I find out how
unswanky I am.

And....
Where better to find swanky
than a
downtown LA hotel rooftop pool?

Big city hotel pools always have a vibe going...
it's LA, baby.

The swanky vibe first starts with the music...
a pounding techno beat stuck on replay.
(hmmm...I wonder who decided this was cool?)
I found myself keeping time with the music...
my head to the concrete deck...
on every down beat.

To crank up the swanky vibe ...
hotels will throw mattresses around the pool.
(I wonder who first decided
a Sealy Postapedic on a concrete pool deck was cool?)



And apparently real pool hipsters wear
cool hats
with cool brims
 to increase their cool factor.

Anywhoooo.......

I totally rocked
"my kind of swanky"
at that LA Live pool.

And I was easy to spot, just in case PaulA was looking for me.

There I was...

rocking out with my iPod set to some real music...
Jimmy Buffet.

And after finishing my margarita...
and adjusting my parrot hat...
I took a swim around my mattress.





The line between swanky
and
unswanky

is preeettty thin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

where can I purchase the graphic of the parrot drinking?

Kat said...

To Anonymous...I got it free off Google. Google "parrot head drinking margarita" and then select images on the left...and wala...it will come up!

shoatea said...

Discover More best replica bags online visit site best replica bags online you could try these out replica bags buy online

tashootheaush said...

my website r1o44z3m20 Ysl replica handbags best replica bags online 2018 replica bags london gucci fake m9w73j7g49 replica bags seoul replica bags 168 mall basics l0t87t7f40 replica bags canada