Friday, July 24, 2009

It's All About the Voice

There has been so much fuss made about Susan Boyle's looks. About what she used to look like…versus…what she currently looks like. Personally, I don’t care what she looks like. It’s all about the voice.

I wonder if Susan Boyle has the voice box to be the “new” Barbra Streisand? Granted, there is only one Barbra...who happens to be my all time favorite. I've been a Streisand fan since I was in my twenties (only last week). I was a B.S. freak. I loved anything and everything Barbra. But Susan Boyle is quite promising.

I hear Susan Boyle is coming out with a CD in the fall. I think Susan Boyle’s voice is so beautiful that if she sings the standards, I could also become a S.B. freak. Interesting…. Barbra Streisand's intials and Susan Boyle’s initials are the same…but different. (You know what I mean.)

“They” say Susan Boyle has changed and gone “glam.” I say, “What’s the big darn dealio?” Take a look at all the different transformations of the contestants on the show, American Idol. I think you should be able to improve your appearance without it being seen as a negative. Let’s Face it…those unruly eyebrows should never be seen on anyone…unless, of course, you are Andy Rooney. I think most of us would entertain the idea of a makeover…why wouldn’t Susan Boyle?

Plus…it’s not like she’s had any lifts, tucks or lipo. She basically took care of a little grooming… got a more modern haircut…hair color…and some make-up.

For some reason people want to keep her in a box. The Susan Boyle box of frumpy clothing, bushy eyebrows, and ratty hair. Is that fair? I say, let her out of the box and let her decide what she wants to look like. It all about the voice, anyway. She’s already proven…it’s not about her looks.

1 comment:

big C said...

AMEN sista!