Monday, July 27, 2009

Done-me-wrong Song

Nothin’ like a country song. I love the lyrics in country songs and how they tell a story. I especially love singing along to the song by Billy Currington: “God is great, Beer is good…and People are crazy.” Amen, Brother.

Most country songs are fun…they talk about barbecue, beer and babes. Or they talk about trucks, tires, and tomatoes (okay…that’s the PG version) I could have mentioned a word that rhymes with Zits. Hehehe. Or they talk about heartstrings, heartache, or heartbreakers.

Taylor Swift is the princess of country music right now. How old is she anyway? 12? I realize that she does have enormous talent…but the only problem is, if you listen to the words of her songs…they are all about the same thing. About how she’s the girl in school who longs for the boy who doesn’t notice her. Cripe…she’s sitting right next to him…and for some reason he's clueless that the prettiest girl in school is all whack job over him...with tears on her guitar. Boo hoo Taylor, grow up.

Sorry Taylor Swift fans. I admit, that’s not fair…that’s what Taylor is doing…she’s growing up. I take that back.

In a month I will be an empty-nester...now I’m thinking…maybe I should take up writing country songs to fill my time. I might write me a sad sack song…like every other country songwriter writes…’bout some bad ass guy who done me wrong…and he a-better watch his back…cuz I’m a-gonna get even. Just another …done-me-wrong song.

Or maybe I’ll write one about partying. Love it! How I had a night out partying with Margarita, Martini and Mai Tai…and they done me wrong…so now I’m a-gonna get even…just another…done-me-wrong song.

Once you get the formula down…everyone is a dang country songwriter. Nashville, here I come. Move over Taylor Swift.

1 comment:

big C said...

TAYLOR SWIFT is my absolute favorite! and i can releate to everyone of her songs. !!!!!