Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Unannounced Visitor



Whenever our front door bell rings
or we hear a knock at the door....
PaulA and I look at each other with a quizzical look.
duh? huh? 

"Who can it be now? Who can it be now?
Who can it be knocking at my door?"
(per chance, men at work?)

Usually when our doorbell rings…
we know who'll be standing there 
because they've already called ahead 
from their cell phone.

The other day our door bell rang…and we jumped. 
I exclaimed, 
"PaulA...Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?"

I slowly opened the front door to see the 
Fed Ex man standing there 
holding a large flat package 
who wryly said,
 "pizza delivery."

(dang, I appreciate a Fed Ex man with a sense of humor.)


Anywhoooo…..


The next day there was another knock at the door.

knock, knock 
The same Fed Ex man was back…
this time with a thinner envelope.
So I asked him, "Pizza delivery?"
He responded, 
"nope, just the check, ma'am."



(2 for 2…that Fed Ex guy is good.)



knock, knock.
who's there?
Fed Ex. 
Fed Ex who?
Are you fed EXtremely up yet…with bad jokes?