Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Brianna, the College Graduate


I remember the day
when I thought the year 
2013
sounded so far off….so futuristic.
Brianna was 5  years old 
and it was her first day of Kindergarden. 

That day I figured out 
Brianna would graduate from
college in 2103.  
And I thought…whew…
at least that won't be happening any time soon.

But her graduation day came…


and went...
and I'm now thinking….woah…how is that possible?


Anywhooooo


Last Friday, 
as waves and waves of 
2013 Boston University grads 
entered the arena to receive their diplomas, 
I couldn't help but get caught up in a
rip tide of nostalgia and emotion.  
That's bound to happen during a mega milestone event…
especially when
 "Pomp and Circumstance"
 is being played.  
(I'm pretty sure  that song is played to make parents shed tears.)

As I looked for Bri 
in the red sea 
of red gowns and black caps...



I pictured our Sweet Wish, 
through her school years...
with her sunny disposition,
so independent, diligent, passionate, and hard-working...
and the tears came...

nostalgic tears, 
happy tears,
proud tears.
(Cry me a Charles River.) 

And later 
after jumping for joy

I saw Bri with those same tears.


As Brianna takes her next step
into her bright future...
bri with her dad

she will carry with her a wealth of 
lasting college experiences…
 a lasting education, 
lasting memories, 
and
lasting friendships.

We are so proud of you, Brianna.
(I think i just popped all my buttons.) xo

1 comment:

choose to be happy blog said...

oh my gosh! the picture of little bri and grown up bri had me tearing up before i even started reading!!! xoxoxo