Friday, September 10, 2010

DEAR HAVANAH, New Music




Are you looking for new music, a new sound? I’ve got a suggestion. Listen to Dear Havanah. (Two H’s…one N)

“Every so often, a band comes along that blurs the lines of musical genres. With hints of pop, soul, and rock 'n' roll, Dear Havanah is that band. The Boston-based group is celebrating the release of its second album, The Whole Way Home, produced by Alan Evans of Soulive.” With a “strong, soulful vocalist and a pocket heavy rhythm section garnished with screaming electric guitars, a whirling B3, and thick, funky horns”…Dear Havanah will knock your socks off.

An open letter to the band:

Dear Havanah,
I love your new CD “The Whole Way Home.” I downloaded it the first day it was released on iTunes. On a scale of 1 - 98…You were crushing it at “Ninety Eight.” I’ve been knocked out and “Reeling” from your fresh new sound.

I take your music everywhere I go…even in “The Rain”… “Ohio Sun”…and my last white-water trip down the “Big River.” And “when there is no more work to be done”….I like to “Burn like the sun”……….oooo yea…

I enjoy your music LIVE, but “I could waste all day” listening to you on my “A.M. Radio.”

“So Maybe I should try again” and say:
Good Luck to you Dear Havanah… “it’s all about you now.”


You can find Dear Havanah on iTunes or DearHavanah.com

2 comments:

Bri @ Sea said...

Dear Havanah is my favorite band! Can't wait for their upcoming concert, everyone I know is going to it!!! I have "Radiant Love" for their music and captivating presence on stage. It's such a "Relief" that good music like that still exists. I can finally hear a "Love Song" that doesn't make me gag, but instead feel like I'm "Chasing Butterflies" that swoon in my belly!

big C said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!