Monday, September 27, 2010

Betty White Bandwagon



All aboard. The Betty White Bandwagon is leaving...and I’m guessing you probably want to jump on. Why not? Everyone else has.

Hey, don’t cha think Betty White is pinching herself these days? She has to have realized she has stepped in it...big time. And I’m not talking the messy step into doggie caca. I’m talking the saweet step into lucky dog. That’s when everything is coming up roses....and you realize you didn't even planted any.

It seems like everywhere you turn...you will find Betty White. Betty has made a resurgence into the limelight. She’s moved from the back burner to the front burner...and she's on fire.

Granted, Betty has had a great career for many years before now. I remember seeing her on the Mary Tyler Show and The Golden Girls...and she was around before that in the television game show Password. Shhh....the PASSWORD is: Bandwagon.

But since her infamous Snickers commercial that aired during the Super Bowl, Betty has been catapulted into cult status. I guess there is something fun about seeing a woman in her 80’s get tackled and having the shit knocked out of her. She took a hit for her career.

Since January, she’s been everywhere...commercials, Jay Leno, Letterman, numerous talk shows. Thanks to a grassroots Facebook campaign she even hosted Saturday Night Live. And she has landed a TV sit-com “Hot in Cleveland” and is currently in a new movie.

Anywhooo.........

I wonder if Betty or her publicist have any worries about “Betty White Overload.” Worried that oversaturation might be too satiating... and that it could bring the Betty Bandwagon to a screeching halt. But then they probably laugh and High Five each other. Hello...she’s pushing 90 years old.

I recently saw a promo ad for Betty White’s new movie with Kristen Bell, Sigourney Weaver, and Jamie Lee Curtis. I thought the movie title couldn’t have been more perfect. The title happened to be EXACTLY what I said to myself when I saw that Betty White was starring in it... “You Again.”

I guess I just jumped on the Betty White Bandwagon by blogging about her. All Aboard.

1 comment:

big C said...

You are right, she has been EVERYWHERE. Maybe, it’s un-American of me but I don’t find her as funny as everyone else