Monday, April 20, 2009

What for Dinner Is?

That is the age old question. It’s very tiring, day after day, coming up with something to put on the table. Meal after meal…slop after slop…same ole after same ole.

I never mind cooking...the actual job of slop slinging. I just never know what slop to sling. Only the same recipes come to mind. I even subscribe to some food magazines…Gourmet and Bon Appetit. And I always read them…as I sit at the kitchen counter eating my tired old sandwich. But for some reason I never make any of the recipes.

I also watch those cooking fools on TV…you know Rachel Annoying Ray. I write down the recipes as I sit watching…eating my tired old sandwich, hanging on every ingredient. But for some reason I never make them.

Sometimes I envy the prison cooks. I think the prison menu would work for me. What’s wrong with having a Bread and Water Night? Bread and Water Tuesday. But just not on Wednesday…never on Wednesday…that is Prince Spaghetti Night. “Anthony, Colinboy, Wishy, Big C…get over here.”

I also found it interesting to read what the Obamas were served when they were in England. For some reason it’s always publicized what the rich and famous are eating. I read about celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver cooking up a slow-roasted Welsh lamb and appetizers of baked Scottish salmon, smoked quail eggs (any relation to the deviled family?)…as I sat eating my tired old sandwich. Hmmmm…maybe next time I should make that a Manwich. I hear a sandwich is just a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal.

I probably don’t make any of the fancy recipes I read about in magazines or watch on TV because there is usually some ingredient that is so obscure, there is no finding it in Aisle 7 at the Stop and Shop.

So I better go with something I know. I think I might go with Meat Loaf Mondays…and Taco Thursdays. But I am definitely sticking with Sick of Coming Up With Ideas Get Your Own Dinner Saturdays.

No comments: