Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reply To All

You often hear stories about the trouble people have gotten themselves into with emails. They’ve written something that is intended to be read by one person… but when they hit send…they hit “Reply to All” …whoops. Or there is a person on CC that you didn’t realize was there. The email was meant to be a “For your eyes only” email…PRIVATE – KEEP OUT…but now there are 8 eyes viewing.

That’s a BIG problem. Now Betty knows how you really feel about her new hairstyle. You told her to her face…that it flatters her face…brought out her eyes. But now she will find out that was total bull…you really think she looks like a buffoon.

I got a text once from Big C that made absolutely no sense to me. So I texted her back “huh?” and she texted back again: “Sorry that was for someone else.” I’ve heard of calling a wrong number, but now we have to worry about texting a wrong number.

Another thing to watch out for is with the cell phone. Sometimes you really haven’t totally disconnected and ended your phone call. And you swear you just heard someone mumble “buffoon” under their breath. Or your phone is in your pocket or purse and it accidently speed dials someone. Bri…did that to me the other day. I couldn’t make out what was really going on when I answered…but I could hear more than one person talking. I have a feeling there were numerous adolescent buffoons there.

So be careful…all this technology can get you in real trouble. But today, of all days...you can get a free pass that will get you off the hook if you accidently call someone a buffoon…. “Just say April Fools.” Tomorrow you are on your own.

No comments: