Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ta-Da

“Magic” is boring. I realize a lot of people like to watch magic, but I do not. I am totally uninterested…forget a magic show. Ta-Da…the magician makes a guy disappear. Big deal. Who cares. So the floor has a hole in it. Now if the guy disappears into thin air and is never to be seen again by his family…all of a sudden I am interested.

The magician jabs swords through a crate with a young lady inside. Ta-Da…she jumps out without a scratch. Big deal. Who cares. Now if her body resembles Swiss cheese…all of a sudden I am interested.

Ta-Da…the magician pulls a rabbit out of a hat. Big deal. Who cares. The ole rabbit trick. Now pull a black bear out of a hat…all of a sudden I am interested.

Ta-Da…the magician levitates a dollar bill...big deal. Who cares. Now float a million dollar bills…all of a sudden I’m interested.

They are called magic tricks….’cause that is what they are….they are just tricks. Magic involves an occult force of nature. Magic tricks are fake…so boring. Give me something supernatural and unexplainable…all of a sudden I’m interested.

I will now make myself disappear. Ta-Da…I magically reappear tomorrow. Big deal. Who cares? Now if I write something worth reading …all of a sudden you are interested.

No comments: