Thursday, January 10, 2008

Amigas Gone Locas

What is it about Cancun that makes visitors go loco? Is it too much sun, too much fun, too much margarita? Cancun is a beautiful place and I would highly recommend it as a vacation destination. Last year some generous friends invited us and some others (now known as the Cancun 10) to their time share …where we shared time at the pool, on the beach, at dinner, and at Senor Frogs.

Senor Frogs could never be mistaken for Senior Frogs. Most the people in the joint are far from seniors…more like in their 20’s. But heck, we were on vacation and we can act 20 years-old…which was what we were doing during the ladies arm wrestling contest.

We didn’t exactly jump to be in this contest, but the frog people roped us “ladies” into it. We could be good sports, so the 3 of us joined the gang on stage. The Emcee began each arm wrestling contest by asking for our name.

Name please: “Jan.” Jan was up against a 20-year-old babe in a gold lamay top that barely covered her fixtures. (got the picture?) Sadly, Jan was smacked down in about 5 seconds. The time it takes to yawn. (The crowd was hoping Jan could put up a better fight… they wanted more time to look at barely-covered-lamay girl.) Adios Jan.

Next….Name please: “Lupe.” (Good idea Linny, giving them a different name!) Lupe’s opponent was a powerhouse and Lupe gave a respectable round. But she was out in about 35 seconds. (Nice try Lupe…not a total fold…like our dear amiga.) Adios Lupe.

Next…Name Please: “Cougar Kat.” (Not sure where I came up with this…just blurted it out without a thought. Heck, I needed a name and it sounded good…at the time.) I locked hands with my bad ass opponent from Mexico. I felt like I could give her a little competition…she didn’t have me at hello. We were wrestling back and forth and after a minute or so, we were still in a lock. The crowd started to cheer and get rowdy…raising their yards of beer. The thought bubble over my head was saying, “Kat, what are you doing….look at yourself…look at this crowd…do you really need to win an arm wrestling contest on a stage at Senor Frogs?” Then I caved...like I should have earlier. (maybe Jan had the right idea!) Adios Cougar Kat.

When we got back home…I learned that Cougar was a name the media was calling Katie Couric because of her young boyfriend …WHOOPS!!! It seems the name cougar is a term for older women who go after younger men and devour them! OMG, that was news to me. Does everyone know this??? Obviously, if I did, I would not have announced it to a bar of 20-year-olds!!!!

So go to Cancun on your next vacation…go to Senor Frogs…go loco…and definitely arm wrestle. But please pick another nickname if you are over the age of….@#$#@#!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is "Jan" speaking, the one you so cruelly dissed in your Cancuun epic. Obviously, I should have used an alias for my arm wrestling match (like Jaguar or Cougar!) as now EVERYBODY in Avon must know who Jan is. Truth be told, my pathetic showing was altruistic in nature, as I didn't want to give the geezers with us a second longer to gaze at Cindy from Dallas in her gold lame chest thong. My geezer, you see, cannot afford another heart attack. Anyway, I think I more than redeemed myself Saturday night and can now hold my head up proudly around town!!! It must have been that last Cosmo ........