Thursday, March 15, 2012

Go Hawaii

Hawaii,
the 50th U.S. State,
with all it's natural beauty...
is a bouquet of
floral,
freshness,
and fragrance.
(I'm thinking about a career as an Hawaiian tourism advocate/blogger.)  


I easily understand why a person would decide to 
pack their bags,
and pack it in for the Hawaiian Islands.

And I would lead the pack...

if it wasn't for Hawaiian words and names. 
They put me into a (51st) state of confusion.

No matter how I try,
I can not begin to pronounce, read, repeat, or remember Hawaiian words.
I have a strong Hawaiian block...and it doesn't have an spf.

It probably has something to do with the numerous vowels.

If there was an "Hawaiian Wheel of Fortune"...it wouldn't take long to get through a game.

"Vanna I'd like to buy some vowels."
(Throw in a "k" or an "h" and game over.)

It is amazing how many more K's are found in
Hawaiian words
vs.
American/English words...
although the American word "kook" might quickly come to mind.


Anywhoooo......

To continue as an informative Hawaiian tourism blogger....

The official state flower is the Ma'ohauhele.
(ummm....Hibiscus)
and the state fish of Hawaii is humuhumunukunukuapia'a.
no.joke.
Try ordering the humuhumunukunukuapia'a in a restaurant.
A fish with 12 vowels better be tasty.
I usually stick with the two vowel fish that I can pronounce...
Ahi.

I was thinking I should add an extra "a" to my name...for a more authentic Hawaiian name....
ka'at.

but I just had a sinking feeling
my idea as an Hawaiian tourism blogger
is Ka'atOUT of the question. 

Aloha.

1 comment: