Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Likeness is Scary

“I am so like you, it’s scary.” Big C wrote that comment on one of my blogs. I chuckled to myself when I read it. Question: Why when we find that we are similar to our moms…in some way…ANY way…we think it’s scary?

Maybe Bic C mean’t that our resemblance is remarkable and uncanny…and not ewwww scary. (Go ahead and tell yourself that, Kat) Regardless, I’m sure Big C isn’t the only one to think this…let alone verbalize it. Heck, I might have had the same thought once or twice about my mom. But if Alice is reading this blog… “Not once in my life did those thoughts ever, ever cross my mind.”

Of course, it only makes sense that we would have a few similarities with our moms. Heck they are just that…they are our MOTHERS…they have mothered us. It only stands to reason that some of them…their mannerisms, their momisms…would rub off on us.

We swore when we grew up we would never have the same quirks and facial expressions…as mommie dearest. And we swore we’d never, ever say comments like: If I’ve told you once I’ve told you a thousand times. Or how could you be bored? I was never bored at your age.

Another interesting observation (at least to me) is…for some reason any resemblance to Dad…is not scary. Why is that????

That’s okay. I’m so proud of my kids…that if they think we share some resemblance in ANY…way, shape, or form….scary or not…I’m grinning like a Cheshire Kat.

No comments: