Friday, August 28, 2009

Hole-In-One

Whenever I tee up the golf ball on a par 3…I am always thinking I am getting a hole-in-one. Why not? Confidence is required when playing this game.

I push the tee in the ground and place the ball on the tee…then it falls off. Not sure, but when this happens… does this count as a stroke?

Then I address the ball…. "hello ball.” (Sorry couldn’t resist that overdone, overused, and overplayed golf joke.)

I then visualize my swing. I’m visualizing a fierce Tiger’s swing, but getting more of a wimpy Kat swing.

I play golf more like Stevie Wonder plays the piano…all by feel. Or is that by ear. Or both. I can’t see a damn thing. But I don’t think that matters…it’s all about the natural swing pattern. Vision is so overrated. My good ear comes in handy when my ball bounces off the trees in the woods…splashes in the pond…and hits a goose.

I realize it would be a stroke-of-luck…not stroke-of-ball, if I should get a hole-in-one. But then again, not every person gets a hole-in-one with skill. I have a BFF who got a hole-in-one and she plays only 5 times a season. Lucky dog. PaulA has played 55 million more times than that…and has yet to get a hole-in-one. (Now I’m thinking…I should have kept that little tidbit to myself.) Maybe he should be working on the stroke-of-luck part of his game. That’s my plan.

Anyway, after I give the ball its proper greeting…and visualize the perfect swing, I’m expecting that sucker to find the hole. And the day I get a hole-in-one…is the day I quit the game of golf. Why play anymore after that accomplishment? It’s all down-hill from there.

I can’t wait to quit the game of golf……………

No comments: