Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nothing But The Truth

Back many moons ago, when we lived in Jax, I had an emergency wisdom tooth extraction. And unlucky for me, my oral surgeon happened to be…very handsome. If he could read the bubble over my head, it was shouting, “Woah, this is one good looking Doc.”

The nurse informed me that during the extraction, I would be knocked out…sent to the twilight zone with a little sodium pentathol. Hmm… “Isn’t that truth serum?” I asked her. “It sure is,” she said, “people usually do a little random talking right before they nod off. You would be surprised about what they say sometimes.”

OMG, I thought…What if I say something embarrassing in my truth serum trance? What if I say something about how cute he is? I tried to put his cuteness out of my head and think of other things…anything before I fell asleep. Do not think this doctor is cute…Wait, I’m still thinking that. Think of something sad….lost puppies. Think of something sappy...Hallmark Special.

The next thing I knew, it was over and I was awake. Wisdom tooth extracted. The doctor told me everything went great. I couldn’t look at him…I immediately felt my face go red. I was so afraid I said something about his looks …and how would I know?

When the Doc was out of the room, I asked the nurse, "Did I say anything when I was falling asleep?" She coyly replied, “Nothing I wouldn’t have said.”

OMG, what does that mean??!!

No comments: