Monday, June 29, 2009

Gossip Girl

What’s the buzz…tell me what’s a happenin’???

Did you hear about Perez Hilton, the celebrity gossip? (I guess this blog makes me a gossip…or a gossip girl once removed.)

Anywho…Perez was (allegedly) attacked by the Black Eyed Peas manager or their singer Will.I.Am, or both. Was it something Perez said that initiated the attack? Probably. Heck, as I said: Perez is a celebrity gossip…so that’s what those people do…gossip. They open their mouths and say things that aren’t always true…and sometimes people want to help them close them…with their fists.

I don’t condone violence, so I would never make fun of what happened to Perez. Celebrity gossip or not…no matter what someone says, it doesn’t mean you have the right to physically beat them up. But what I find most interesting is what Perez did after the assault.

What does a celebrity gossip do after he’s been assaulted and bleeding? Call 911 and ask for the police like the rest of us? Nope. Perez logs onto Twitter and starts sending out tweets….
A tweet to his followers giving a real time account of what was taking place and a request for assistance: “I’m in shock. I need the police ASAP.” Interesting choice.

I suppose twittering for help doesn’t work for just everyone. It requires you to have a lot of followers on Twitter for anyone to even notice and bring help. If I was to twitter for assistance…maybe 1 of my 4 followers would see my tweet…3 days from now. And by then, I’d be a goner.

However, if I had the capability of sending out a tweet to MILLIONS of folks asking for assistance…my tweet would read: “Someone Help!!! I’m dying over here…I need a Carvel twist in a cone…ASAP.”

PS. Special tweets today to my tweety hubby, PaulA: “Happy Birthday!” Love, your Gossip Girl.

No comments: